Itinerary for ShashKEN Service Tour
12 FEB to 14 FEB 2017
Contact: Ouma Oluoko Joseph,
|3-DAY PKG||7-DAY PKG||14-DAY PKG|
|12 FEB – 14 FEB||12 FEB – 19 FEB||12 FEB – 26 FEB|
Upon your arrival at the airport in Nairobi we will drive to Nanyuki. This equatorial town lies on the foot of Mount Kenya giving you an ultimate change in altitude. From here the views of Mount Kenya are awesome if the weather permits. Dinner and overnight at Sportsman Arms Hotel
Following an early breakfast we will today transfer you to Sirimon gate for a one day climb on Mount Kenya. This mountain stands astride the equator it is the second highest mountain after Mount Kilimanjaro. Though it highest point is Batian at above the sea level your one day climb will only take you up to meters above the sea level. Dinner and overnight at .
This morning you will descend from the mountain and then we will proceed on past the equator points in Nanyuki and Nyahururu. We will also stop at the spectacular Thompsons Falls in Nyahururu town. Leaving behind Nyahururu town we will have another stopover at the breathtaking view point of the Great Rift Valley. From here we will continue through Nakuru and our arrival in Kakamega Forest is late in the evening for dinner and the night at Rondo Retreat.
We will today leave the only equatorial rain forest remnant in Kenya for Alego. In Alego we are going to pay a courtesy to Mama Sarah Obama the grandmother of the USA President, Barrack Obama. We will have some interactive one on one session if she will be present. We will later visit Senator Obama Primary & Secondary Shcools. If time permits we will visit a Luo homestead for a cultural taste. We will then move on to Mutumbu in Gem and later move on to Busia border entry point to Uganda. Our arrival in Mbale, Uganda is late in the evening for dinner and overnight at the Mount Elgon hotel.
This morning after breakfast we will leave Mbale, Uganda driving to Lake Nakuru national park. We will re-enter Kenya through Malaba border point. Our arrival in Lake Nakuru will be early in the afternoon. Upon our arrival here we will venture into the park for an afternoon game drive in search of lions, white and black rhinos, hippos, buffalos, leopard, Rothschild giraffe, impalas, gazelles and much more. Also if on the right time of the year we may find a conglomeration of over 300 thousand flamingos that has made Lake Nakuru to be the greatest ornithological spot in the world. We will later leave the park for dinner and overnight at the Waterbuck Hotel
Today we will leave Nakuru for Maasai Mara after breakfast via the Mau Forest. This forest is the water tower to many many rivers and lakes in Kenya. Notably, one of them is the Mara River that plays a vital role in the Maasai Mara ecosystem during the wildebeest migration that always takes place between July and September annually. Our arrival in the Mara is before lunch and for this we will visit a Maasai village for a cultural treat. From here, we will check in and have a rest at the camp while waiting to have lunch. We will later have an afternoon game drive in search of the big five and other game including: elephants, wildebeests, zebras, impalas, gazelles, elands, giraffes, warthogs and much more. We will drive back for dinner and an overnight stay at the Sentrim Mara.
We will wake up for an early game drive in search of more wildlife. The sunrise rays and magical reflections on the horizons are absolutely stunning especially with some elephants walking through it. We will go back to the camp for breakfast and then leave Maasai Mara for Nairobi this time stopping for the last time again at the Great Rift Valley view point. Kindly note that this is a different view point from the one mentioned earlier. Our arrival in Nairobi is in the afternoon where we will go straight to the National Museum of Kenya for our last excursion before ending this tour in the evening. NB*We will offer you a transfer to the airport for your flight subject to your flight departure time.
Relax in Nairobi until flight. Enjoy nightlife.
What is included?
- Ø Complimentary airport transfers i.e. on your arrival in Nairobi and during your departure from Nairobi.
- Ø All entry fees as per the itinerary order.
- Ø Driver and a Tour Leader during the safari.
- Ø Full board accommodation in walk in tents or budget lodge and a mountain hut for Mount Kenya.
- Ø 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Ø A climb to Mount Kenya, with porters and guides.
- Ø A (9) nine-seater four wheel drive tour van with a pop-up roof hatch for wildlife viewing. Kindly note that each vehicle will have a separate driver and a Tour Leader and this leaves a space for six (6) passengers in the tour van.
- Ø Fuel and all the allowances for the crew’s upkeep.
- Ø All activities as clearly outlined on the itinerary order.
What is not included?
- Ø Air tickets, both domestic and international, BUT we do have a Shashamane Sunrise group rate with Ethiopian Airlines from Washington Dulles airport (IAD) to NBO, Cost USD$799. There is no surcharge for travel from New York and Boston.
- Ø All travelling documentation i.e. passport and visas
- Ø All soft and alcoholic drinks
- Ø Any expenditure of personal nature
- Ø Balloon safari in Maasai Mara
- Ø Tipping and gratuities to the crew
- Ø Insurance cover against luggage, delay, repatriation and personal life
IMMIGRATION AND IMMUNIZATION ADVICE