Address: Box 5o Ngora, Uganda, E. Africa
Principal: Ms. Ademun Bernadette
Number of Teachers: 9
Number of Students: 503 (Co-ed)
Age Range: 6-14 yrs old
This school was started in 1927 and it was built by the Italian prisoners of the Second World War. It consisted of 5 permanent buildings and all the classrooms, office and staff rooms were located within one block. The school became a girls’ boarding school in 1944. During that time the school formerly had a large enrolment (approximately 800 girls). However due to the alarming situation of the buildings, the enrollment has dropped to 503 pupils and it’s now a mixed day primary school with a staff ceiling of nine teachers (5 females, 4 males).
The school covers 8 acres of land and is located in Ngora sub-county, Kumi District, Teso sub-region, Uganda. The nearest city is Mbale which is approximately 80km from Ngora. The population is largely peasants with a daily income of less that USh$1000/day (less than USD$0.50/day).